The new Community Room is designed to accommodate a wide variety of functions including lectures, board meetings, community meetings, special events and art viewings. The program includes fully integrated technology including WiFi, projection/displays, and lectern with integrated controls. Flexible furnishings allow for a variety of functions: seating for up to 76 in board room configuration, 170 for lecture, and up to 84 in clusters of 6 per table.
The addition is designed to integrate with the existing Phoenix Art Museum campus. The campus includes a building completed in 1959 by Alden Dow with Blaine Drake, a museum addition by Fairburn Associates in 1965 and the new galleries by Tod Williams and Billie Tsien Architects. The Meeting Room can accommodate the Phoenix Art Museum's full Board of Directors and offers the community at large a space with full audiovisual capabilities and seating.
Gallery renovations to the Museum's Permanent Collections including European Art, Western Art, American Art, Asian Art and the Thorne Miniatures Collection include improved circulation, upgraded lighting and finishes in line with the Museum's newest galleries.